The University Foundation Programmes – UFP
The University Foundation Programme (UFP) of The Regent College is an excellent pathway to university education as it takes our graduates to top-notch universities across the world. With highly committed teachers, state-of-the-art facilities, a very conducive environment, and excellent final results from inception, you can rest assured that schooling at The Regent College is an excellent decision.
The Regent College, Abuja is in a supervisory/curricular partnership with St. Andrew’s College, Cambridge, UK (STAN) for the provision of our UFP, which is an AQA Advanced Level course. Our processes and exams run in tandem with that of STAN and standardisation is ensured through STAN’s monitoring and supervision of the program.
The Programme is for students who have appropriate WAEC, NECO or IGCSE qualifications.
- Four subjects are offered under the humanities courses
- Three subjects are offered under the science courses
- All students would undergo our UCAS course
- Students of humanities courses would write research projects in each of their subjects, as part of the courses. This accounts for 40% of the overall score/grade.
- Science students would undertake science practicals in each of their subjects, as part of their course. This accounts for 40% of the overall score/grade.
- All students would undergo our leadership programme
- All students would undergo an internship programme after their final examinations
- Universities in the UK typically require non-native speakers of English to have a score of 6.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). As such, students may be required to undergo our IELTS preparatory programme.
See all Programmes
The following Foundation courses are available at The Regent College:
- Law Foundation – (Core subjects – Law, Maths, Business, International Relations)
- Business Foundation – (Core subjects – Maths, Economics, International Relations, Business)
- Economics Foundation – (Core subjects – Maths, Internal Relations, Business, Economics)
- International Relations Foundation – (Core subjects – International Relations, Maths, Law, Business)
- Psychology Foundation – (Core subjects – Psychology, Maths, Law and Economics)
- Engineering Foundation – (Core subjects – Engr Maths, Physics, Chemistry)
- Science Foundation – (Biology, Maths, Chemistry)
- Art Foundation
- Architecture Foundation (with AS Maths – optional)
- Humanities (Non-Maths) Foundation – (Core subjects – International Relations, Economics, Law, Business)
Start Date: September and January
Medical Foundation Pathway – MFP
Admission into medical school is extremely competitive with a myriad of students applying for limited spaces.
Students who are eligible for the MFP can opt for different routes into medical school depending on their study destination.
MFP followed by 1 year at the Institute of Education in Ireland, after which the student may progress to a medical school in the UK.
MFP followed by a year studying Basic Medicine in Hungary before progressing to Year 1 in a medical school in Hungary.
MFP followed by progression into Year 2 of the medical degree in St. Georges University of Grenada, West Indies.