CAMBRIDGE A- LEVEL (2 YEARS)
The Cambridge A-Level is a two year programme that allows students to choose the first year Cambridge International Advanced Subsidiary (AS) level qualification alone or as part of a progression to the second year Cambridge International Advanced Level (AL) qualification.
This course is for exceptionally able students who have appropriate IGCSEs, WAEC, NECO or equivalent qualifications and have achieved excellent results especially in the subjects they wish to offer at AS or A levels.
ON THIS COURSE WE WILL
- Take the TRC Leadership Course
- Study Three or Four AS level subjects in Year One
- Take AS level examinations in three subjects at the end of Year One
- Continue to study Three or Four AS subjects at A level in Year Two
- take A level examinations in Three or Four subjects at the end of Year Two
- Only students with proven exceptional ability will be allowed to take Four Courses
Start Date: September
Subjects available at AS & A level
All subjects are available as two-year courses.
- Art & Design (Fine Art)
- Literature in English
- English Language
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
ADMISSIONS INTO MEDICINE AND DENTISTRY COURSES VIA A LEVELS
Students wishing to study medicine or dentistry will typical be required to achieve A*s in
In addition, they will need to sit for the UKCATs or the BMATs for entry into Oxford or Cambridge.
Students will be paired with an adviser who will support them to develop a Personal Preparation Plan (PPP) to guide them through a step-by-step process of study, test registration, and university applications.
The A Level result ensures entry into all courses at undergraduate level in Universities overseas and at second year in Nigerian Universities.
THE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION PROGRAMME
The University Foundation Programme (UFP) of The Regent College is an excellent pathway to university education as it takes our graduates to top-notch universities across the world. With highly committed teachers, state-of-the-art facilities, a very conducive environment, and excellent final results from inception, you can rest assured that schooling at The Regent College is an excellent decision.
The Regent College runs the St. Andrew’s College, Cambridge, Foundation Programme, which is an AQA A-Level programme.
The Programme is for students who have appropriate WAEC, NECO or IGCSE qualifications.
- Four subjects are offered under the humanities courses
- Three subjects are offered under the science courses
- All students would undergo our UCAS course
- Students of humanities courses would write research projects in each of their subjects, as part of the courses. This attracts 40% of the overall score/grade.
- Science students would undergo science practicals in each of their subjects, as part of their course. This attracts 40% of the overall score/grade.
- All students would undergo our leadership programme
- All students would undergo an internship programme after their final examinations
- Universities in the UK typically require non-native speakers of English to have a score of 6.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). As such, students may be required to undergo our IELTS preparatory programme.
See all Programmes
The following courses are available at The Regent College:
- Law Foundation – (Core subjects – Law, Maths, Business, International Relations).
- Business Foundation – (Core subjects – Maths, Economics, International Relations, Business)
- Economics Foundation – (core subjects – Maths, Internal Relations, Business, Economics)
- International Relations Foundation – (Core subjects – International Relations, Maths, Law, Business)
- Psychology Foundation – (Core subjects – Psychology, Maths, Law and Economics)
- Engineering Foundation – (Core subjects – Engr Maths, Physics, Chemistry)
- Science Foundation – (Biology, Maths, Chemistry)
- Art Foundation
- Architecture Foundation (with AS Maths – optional)
- Humanities (Non-Maths) Foundation – (Core subjects – International Relations, Economics, Law, Business)
Start Date: September and January
MEDICAL FOUNDATION PATHWAY (MFP)
Admission into medical school is extremely competitive with a myriad of students applying for limited spaces.
Students who are eligible for the MFP can opt for different routes into medical school depending on their study destination.
MFP followed by 1 year at the Institute of Education in Ireland, after which the student may progress to a medical school in the UK.
MFP followed by a year studying Basic Medicine in Hungary before progressing to Year 1 in a medical school in Hungary.
MFP followed by progression into Year 2 of the medical degree in St. Georges University of Grenada, West Indies.
The Canadian Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) has consistently ranked as one of the top university programmes worldwide, having been built on sound and proven best practices, with quality assurance and academic rigour at its core. It provides students access to the best universities in Canada, the USA, Australia, the UK and other European countries; with a variety of scholarship opportunities. It is rated as equivalent to the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBDP).
Every student enrolled on the OSSD programme is recognized by the Canadian Ministry of Education and, so, benefits from the accompanying privileges of getting an Ontario Education Number (OEN), and having a file opened for each of them by the Canadian Ministry of Education. The one year of OSSD also counts towards the required number of years for residency permit application in Canada.
Students can select from a variety of subject options, conveniently divided into four Grade 12 streams as
- Health Science/Environmental Science/Biology*
- Engineering/Computing/Architecture/Science-Based Mathematics
- Business/Business-Based Mathematics
- Social Sciences/Creative Arts
Once enrolled on the programme, students are set on the path of independent, conscious and continuous learning, with constant teacher support. The programme also puts students at the fore front of modern technology by prioritizing and basing teaching and learning on 21st century technology – all learning resources are concentrated in a single online space for easy access, even on the go. No textbooks required!
The Canadian OSSD programme is for students with appropriate IGCSEs or equivalent qualifications.
Start Date: September
The USP is for students who have appropriate IGCSEs or equivalent qualifications.
On this course, you will:
- take the TRC Leadership Course
- choose either of the A level programmes or foundation pathway
- study and take SAT 1 & TOEFL examinations
- study and take SAT 11 examinations for admission into specific courses at some universities
The student will also receive one-on-one counselling and support with university applications, as well as visa counselling.
THE REGENT COLLEGE ENTREPRENEURIAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAMME
Components of TRC Leadership Course Curriculum include:
- Entrepreneurial leadership
- Community Service
- Internship Programme
- African Studies
- Personal Hygiene and Mental Health
- 21 st Century Core Skills
- Personal Management
- Study Skills
- Academic Integrity
- Project Management
- Student Leadership